2015-2017 GMC Yukon Key Adding.
With the years to come the technology of the car’s progress and they are becoming smarter and more sophisticated. Therefore the sophistication of the car keys naturally goes along with it. Moreover with the years it becomes harder and almost impossible to get a key for your car without a locksmith. But it’s not the case with the 2015-2017 GMC yukon key adding. So if you own a gmc 2015-2017 and may have lost a key or just want to add another one it is possible!
2015 – 2017 GMC Yukon Key adding Prosidure.
If you have an existing key that means that there is no problem adding a second and a third key. Let’s start learning how to do it. So to do a 2015-2017 GMC yukon key adding with an existing key just follow the next steps.
- Remove the insert ( emergency key ) from the existing transmitter ( remote ).
- Next place the existing transmitter ( remote) into the cup holder or on the passenger seat.
- To start the 2015-2017 gmc yukon key adding ( learning ) procedure, insert the emergency key into the driver side door lock ( if you can’t see it then remove the plastic cover on top of it). Then turn the key counterclockwise to the unlock position 5 times within 10 seconds. The driver information center ( where all the gauges are ) will display READY FOR REMOTE #2, 3, 4 etc.
- Place the new transmitter into the transmitter pocket/insert ( located at the far right corner of the armrest after you open the lid of the armrest. Or at the designated place by the manufacturer ).
- Next in the 2015-2017 gmc yukon key adding procedure you will then press the START/STOP button. Then the DIC ( driver information center ) will display the message READY FOR THE NEXT TRANSMITTER. Let go of the button.
- Then you will remove the transmitter from the insert pocket and press ( on the transmitter ) LOCK OR UNLOCK button. To Add more keys repeat the 4-6 steps. When all of the wanted keys are programmed press and hold the START/STOP button for 12 seconds to exit the 2015-2017 gmc yukon key adding procedure.
- Now you can insert back the emergency key back into the transmitter.